The Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division of Eaton’s Aerospace Group, has an opening for a Senior HR Assistant. This position is based in Jackson, MS.
The Jackson facility has approximately 500 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacturing and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
This position handles clerical and administrative duties supporting the plant manager and plant leadership team. The position will provides diversified HR and administrative services in support of a wide spectrum of plant activities requiring the simultaneous management of multiple projects. The role will require a broad knowledge of how the various functions across the business interact. The nature of the role will include confidential matters requiring sound judgment and discretion. The position will report directly to the Plant Manager and will have an indirect reporting relationship to other leadership team members.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support site events and communications including, but not limited to: All Employee Meeting scheduling and presentation drafting with key leadership members, plant communications / newsletters, staff meeting, ordering and setting up business lunches, supporting scheduling continuous improvement events.
- You will coordinate travel and expenses of all its customer group members and visitors i.e. expense reports, catered meals, supplies, meeting coordination etc.
- You will coordinate site mail receiving and delivery.
- You will chief scheduling, administration and tracking of site training program. Serve as point of contact for internal and external audits related to site training process.
- Support human resources team with staffing and onboarding process including, but not limited to: coordinating interviews, drafting employment offers and onboarding new hires.
- You will champion positive employee relations and excellent customer service with employee walk-ins by answering questions related to plant communications and events. Direct employees as needed to other points of contact in Eaton.
- You will handle telephone calls; screen, direct and escort visitors. Manage the domestic visitor process by working with Eaton Global Trade Management.
- You will provide and maintain reports and records including departmental actions such as absenteeism, overtime and key business operational system metrics and presentations as defined by the plant manager and HR Supervisor.
- You will perform additional HR, administrative and clerical duties as required for the site.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution
- Two years of human resources or administrative experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation will be offered for this position; only candidates within 50 miles of Eaton’s Jackson plant will be considered.
- Experience within the Aerospace industry preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
- Adept with Microsoft Office and efficient scribe whether through hardcopy or electronic.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Knowledge of product and manufacturing process.
- Process oriented and ability contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Courtesy and mature judgment essential.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time