Tool Maker - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Aerospace group is currently seeking a Tool Maker to join our team! The position is based at our Jackson, Michigan facility and will be working 2nd shift.
Eaton is looking for a motivated individual to join its team as a Tool Maker. The Tool Maker will be responsible for operating all types of manual and CNC Tool Room machine, tools, and equipment such as, but limited to, lathes, milling machines, grinders, and wire E.D.M. machines. You will run one or more machines simultaneously where conditions permit. The Tool Maker will hold shift start meetings while engaging a team environment with an informal leader. The team will recommend overtime, manpower needs and schedule earned vacations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will build or prepare fixtures and tooling to support tool room activities and production needs.
- You will troubleshoot and/or assist in tooling and manufacturing problems as needed.
- You will work from blueprints, mechanical drawings, shop sketches and verbal instructions, which in some cases are difficult in nature, requiring analyses and interpretation
- You will design and manufacture tooling and fixtures using CAD and/or CAM for Eaton facilities
- You will produce drawings of tooling designed by the tool room, including VIN numbers for reference
- You may directly interact with other departments, suppliers, and vendors as needed
- You may be asked to salvage production work
- You will be responsible to schedule, track, and report incoming work and will be required to fill out all necessary documentation, i.e. Routers, Inspection Reports, and other various means of date recording
- You will write requisitions for supplies, material, perishable items and outside processes as needed according to supply chain processes.
- You will maintain inventory of tool room tooling
- You will assist in training of employees, new processes and equipment as needed
- You will run short run, difficult production parts, and proto-types
- You will schedule, log and perform preventive maintenance as needed to maintain tool room equipment
- You will provide tool quotes
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Pay for this position is $28.96 plus a $.70 shift differential
- Health and medical benefits begin on your first day of employment. Eaton offers competitive plans with Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Delta Dental and Eye Med Vision. Hourly employees receive a retirement pension and have the opportunity to contribute to a 401k Savings Plan.
- This position will be on second shift with some training occurring during first shift.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Completion of a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Jackson area (50 miles) will be considered for this position.
- Must possess Tool & Die Maker Journeyman’s Card as recognized by the United States Department of Labor
- Must be self-directed and able to work with a minimal amount of supervision.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No