Senior Product Engineer
- You will develop new products, new product control algorithms, or revisions to either in order to meet market needs, profitability goals, reliability requirements and manufacturing capability in accordance with standard development practices.
- You will initiate project plans, which include the scheduled actions and the resources required to meet the project objectives. Execute projects according to the established plan.
- You will write effective test requests for technicians to perform research and experimentation. Analyze results and clearly summarize the findings in technical reports.
- You will perform and document design calculations, including simulations and advanced analysis for new designs and design revisions. Conduct product design reviews and follow through on recommended changes.
- You will work with manufacturing engineers and supply chain managers to assure manufacturability, cost effectiveness and reliability of the assigned product lines. Perform trade off analysis and conduct VA/VE events.
- You will execute Engineering changes, and verify all documentation of new designs or design changes is complete.
- You will maintain close liaison with the manufacturing function during the introduction and development of new products. Resolve design related production problems, apply statistical methods as needed. Disposition material that does not conform to product specifications.
- You will maintain close liaison with the sales and marketing functions and end customers, as related to application reviews, new product requirements, major modifications of existing products, customer prototype qualification test requirements and resolving product performance deficiencies.
- You will resolve product performance issues through team oriented problem solving and document according to the 8D process.
- You will initiate the generation of new ideas and document them appropriately for possible patent protection or to reserve as trade secrets.
- You will initiate and maintain the Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) related to new and existing products.
- You will maintain professional education through training opportunities in the field of his/her expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Product Engineering or Product Development
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Eden Prairie, MN facility will be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Software Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience working with model-based design tools such as Matlab/Simulink/3D CAD
- Experience with Mobile equipment operation (construction, agricultural, etc.)
- Experience with structured product development process
- Experience with hydraulic system or component design
- Proficiency in a programming language
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time