The Assembly Manager plans and directs the overall Assembly manufacturing activities of the plant; provides manufacturing advice and assistance to other departments. Supervises and directs supervisors in the manufacture of electromechanical components and assemblies, control devices and assembled control units. Manages, directs and coordinates Assembly operations. Ensures achievement of company objectives by delegating authority to key supervisors in production, methods, and other related operations.
- Monitors production activities to eliminate delays and ensure adherence to production and shipping schedules.
- Directs preparation of cost control reports, cost estimates, manpower and facilities requirement forecasts.
- Directs the plant manufacturing and production activities toward the accomplishment of corporate objectives.
- Directs the manufacture of all plant products at lowest cost consistently with established specifications as to quality and quantity.
- Plans, directs and supervises activities of supervisors of various sections in the performance of their assigned responsibilities.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other departments of the division in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
- Oversees installation and maintenance of all processing equipment used in manufacturing.
- Develops and recommends plant manufacturing and operating profit.
- Implements plant policies and supervise the application of such policies to the plant’s manufacturing operations.
- Plans production schedules so that daily and monthly loads may be kept.
- Assists immediate supervisor, staff personnel or others with problems related to operation of section.
- Maintains good housekeeping practices and safety by reviewing the sections with the supervisor.
- Ensures timely order placing and expediting.
- Monitors and follow up on inventory levels to fulfill production demands. Maintains appropriate inventory levels.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other departments in order to obtain good information for the benefit of our customers.
- Maintains daily and monthly performance records.
- Responsible for the deployment of Continuous Improvement tools at the Production Area.
- Leads and supports Operational Outstanding Events and World Class Manufacturing.
- Champions Tier meetings at the Assembly Area.
- Responsibilities related to Health, Safety and Environment (EHS):
- Attend and performs all EHS training assigned.
- Promotes MESH processes and policies to his department employees.
- Provides all resources needed to ensure that all MESH policies and procedures all performed by all personnel under his/her supervision.
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
Minimum of 10 years of experience supporting manufacturing operations or related area.
Minimum of 5 years of management experience.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, manufacturing industrial, plating, information systems and quality engineering.
PC literate: Microsoft Office (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Proficiency in speaking/ writing English and Spanish Language.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Thinks and acts strategically
Builds Organizational Capability
Drives for results
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time