Eaton’s Vehicle Group has an opening in its Engine Air Management organization for a:
Senior Engineer – Fuel Emissions
Location: Turin, Vehicle Group EMEA HQ
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for completing product and application engineering activities associated with Fuel Emissions products. Duties include interfacing with customers on daily basis for evaluation of new opportunities, working together with the sales team to explore new opportunities and maintaining current business, working with designers to create and release drawings, coordinating prototype hardware, coordinating performance and durability testing, participating in design review and design for six sigma (DFSS) activities, problem solving, failure analysis, and writing technical reports and specification. The role will require frequent interaction with suppliers, customers, and Eaton manufacturing facilities. Achieving the desired results will require individual contributions as well as contributions attained as part of a team. In this role you will collaborate with team members located in Europe, China, Mexico and other regions in order to engage in problem solving, product improvement, and cost reduction.
Your key deliverables :
• Reads and interprets engineering drawings and specifications. Develops and issues test procedures, and works with the team to create product specification in area of expertise.
• Practices consistency across product designs, processes and practices. Documents improvements to the engineering standard work processes used to engineer our products
• Conducts product/system analysis through simulation, FEA, calculations and related means. Understand and interpret results to identify problems, make change recommendations and make product/system improvements
• Creates technical project plans and oversees the validation activities for new engineering concepts. Reports test results in a clear and concise manner, and makes design recommendations
• Champions development and implementation of new engineering systems and processes. Improves existing engineering systems and processes. Trains others in the use of engineering systems
• Learns and applies technical skills related to mechanical and electrical systems toward establishing new test methods and supporting new product development engineering activities
• Stays abreast of latest industry trends in area of expertise with the idea of incorporating latest technologies into the product development process
• Provides technical leadership in coordinating development activities with product engineers and directs projects for a team of technicians
• Participates in customer activities with Sales to demonstrate product technology and engineering capabilities toward earning new business. Creates and performs product training program for customers and internal team members
• Applies an advanced level of computer literacy in the areas of engineering systems software, graphics, presentations, and multimedia. Shares knowledge in computer skills
• Complies with the policies, procedures, and expectations outlined by Eaton’s Management System for the Environment, Safety, Security, and Health (MESH) and Quality Management System
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
• At least 2 years of engineering experience in a product development environment
• Experience with automotive fuel and/or powertrain systems and components
• Large scale, cross-functional project team experience
• Familiarity with DFSS and/or DFM engineering tools
• Experience working with international locations and customers
• Experience with Pro/Engineer Creo Elements/ Pro 5.0"
• Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
• Strong ethics, values, and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision-making
• Ability to manage ambiguous projects
• Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and achieve results
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH PDMP EAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time