Electrical Technician II - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Systems and Services Group has an immediate opening for an Electrical Technician II on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Omaha, NE facility.
This position requires the ability to read, interpret and execute electrical drawings, schematics, blueprints and electrical code specifications of Medium Voltage switchgear. This role will also be responsible for installing electrical wiring, receptacles, switchboxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic, line assemblies, lighting, and alternative electric parts. Candidates should also be proficient with all associated hand tools, drills, threaders, knock-out sets and cable benders.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for start to finish wiring on metal clad switchgears
- You will review the Specification book to make electrical determinations
- You will review Build of Materials in order to gather various supplies such as conduit, fittings, handy boxes and other necessary equipment
- You will mount aisle equipment.
- You will pull wire/cable and terminate.
- You will become proficient in conduit bending.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a continual, permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 60 miles of Omaha, NE will be considered for this position.
- Minimum 3 years manufacturing / assembly or electrical experience.
- Experience using various tools, including: manual/electric/pneumatic tools, template/fixtures, measuring equipment, and prescribed safety equipment
- Excellent history of work performance, team work and attendance
- Good understanding of blueprints/schematics
- Experience in reading mechanical drawings and working with electrical equipment
- Conduit bending, cable and wire pulling, and basic knowledge of the NEC is a plus.
- Previous experience working in electrical field
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No