HR Manager - Global NPI Engineering, eMobility
Eaton's eMobility segment is current seeking a HR Manager to
provide strategic, tactical and analytical leadership and support for its
global NPI Engineering organization, and local team members. This position is based in Southfield, MI
Reporting directly to the HR Director for eMobility, the incumbent will primarily act as a business partner to eMobility's Engineering leaders in the development, and implementation of HR strategy, programs, and policies for eMobility's NPI organization. This dynamic HR leader will specifically focus on partnering with eMobility's Engineering leaders on the strategic development of organizational capability, including talent recruitment, and management, performance management, reward and recogniztion, knowledge retention and succession planning.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will establish understanding of the business strategy, build and expand relationships with Engineering leadership, and create close partnerships across HR, centers of excellence (COE’s), and regional HR support staff.
- You will assess organizational capability, pipeline strength, and current and future skill gaps. Identify trends, risks, and opportunities within the global talent market and develop solutions to enable availability of current and future skill needs and trends. Execute on annual growth resourcing and staffing plans, in alignment with developed talent and sourcing strategies.
- You will focus on comprehensive succession planning and strategic leadership movement. Partner with business leaders to build leadership depth to support the succession planning process, and making strong informed conclusions about talent.
- You will advise leadership on new ideas and winning practices in the areas of talent acquisition, assessment, development, compensation, organizational effectiveness, strategy, on-boarding, change management and communications
- You will provide business insight through data analysis, research and benchmarking and recommend appropriate actions to enable business growth and sound decision making
- You will play a key change leadership role in eMobility's transformation and growth by reinforcing a high-performance, innovative, and inclusive team culture through the application of human capital strategy, tools and processes
- You will provide clear guidance to leadership regarding policies, practices, laws and regulations to ensure all human resource policies and programs are in compliance with local and governmental regulatory requirements and support the achievement of both short/long-term business goals.
- You will develop and deploy effective learning process to meet current and future organizational needs.
- You will motivate and coach employees and managers to maintain high levels of engagement, and manager effectiveness.
- You will support and partner with HR colleagues in other regions, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, employee relations, diversity and inclusion and organizational effectiveness to support talent strategies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive HR experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Experience leading a function and/or client group across multiple sites and regions
- Master’s degree
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time