Lead Financial Analyst
This role will develop forward-looking insights and provide analysis to drive management decisions, actions and improve operational and financial results. The individual will need to drive short term actions to achieve current results while supporting the deployment of progressive strategies which result in a sustainable competitive advantage and strong financial return on investment. The analyst provides technical competency to ensure compliance with corporate financial policies, legal requirements, US GAAP and statutory requirements. This individual is responsible for business process improvements within the plant, creating and implementing procedures to improve the internal control environment, streamlining efforts and providing increased transparency of financial results. The position also ensures assets assigned by the corporation are adequately protected and provide operations management with financial guidance necessary to produce the expected return on those assets.
• Develop and coordinate plant profit plans, strategic plans, monthly forecasts, goals & objectives, financial reconciliations, reports and analysis for plant management, including variance analysis, budget reporting, cost control reporting and key metric updates with recommendations for improvement
• Advise and counsel controller, plant manager and plant leadership staff on financial implications of operating strategies, cost control actions and decisions. Daily leadership and participation in Tier meetings that support meeting both short and long term objectives. Business partner with cross functional teams, providing financial analysis and advice.
• Manage, analyze, evaluate and interpret plant financial forecasts and operating results. Inform management of results and recommend corrective actions to address unfavorable variances.
• Review, analyze and evaluate financial data and information for accuracy, consistency and transparency. Maintain integrity of financial reports prepared by the plant.
• Interpret, implement and monitor corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Develop and implement budgeting and financial reporting systems to provide timely and relevant information to plant, region/division, and corporate management and cost control. Control and maintain adequate product costing systems for valuation and cost estimating activities.
• Ownership of account reconciliation process to maintain integrity of plant general ledger and its supporting sub-systems. Assess adequacy of reserves and overall financial reporting. Ensure adequate training and oversight is provided to all finance personnel to ensure account reconciliations meet Eaton’s requirements. Provide leadership and support for the Balance Sheet Review process.
• Establish, monitor and maintain a system of internal controls that safeguards company asset and provides for integrity and propriety of financial transactions and activities. Compliance with corporate policy, including SOX requirements.
• Evaluate and approve plant capital appropriation requests prior to Division and Aerospace Group management approval. Monitor and report purchase commitments and spending for all capital programs. Conduct follow-up audits to ensure compliance for all significant capital investments.
• Manages the deployment of cost saving and other programs to provide operating economies and improve profitability. Monitors and provides opportunities to support continuously improving Plant Productivity / Gross Utilization/Flex Productivity. Support other Operations initiatives including EBE, MESH, ELSS and other BPI efforts.
• Ensures that the appropriate plant quality policy and system are thoroughly implemented in the finance function. Ensure all finance responsibilities are defined and communicated throughout the plant with specific responsibilities and appropriate timing. Ensures the deployment of finance standard work.
• Provide leadership to ensure adequate cost accounting processes are in place, including standard cost updates, physical inventory verification, periodic cycle counts, etc.
• Lead ad hoc projects as required including appropriate ERP implementations and system upgrades, business development initiatives such as new business opportunities
• Support the Corporate, Sector & Group Teams as required to ensure Group, statutory, and fiscal accounts are prepared timely and accurately in compliance with US GAAP, SOX, corporate guidance, legal, and fiscal regulations.
• Support Lean activities to ensure optimum efficiencies are achieved, cost out opportunities identified, and financial impact accurately recorded.
Degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution is required.
Minimum of 3 years of professional accounting experience is required
Sound working knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley
Technical capability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operational data/reports
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time