Senior Bearing Engineer
Embraces and drives the Eaton Business System processes that apply to assigned projects;
Provides design and related manufacturing process recommendations to improve quality, performance, cost reduction, product reliability, and/or standardization through analysis of designs and problem solving techniques;
Participates in the creation, implementation, and administration of vehicle group policies, procedures, and work instructions;
Applies advanced tools in problem solving and project management to solve technical issues and lead projects;
Application of processes such as Design For Six Sigma or Lean Engineering. Uses innovative methods, generates IP and Publications in support of business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Production, Industrial or equivalent Engineering;
- Fluent English;
- Experience in technical or manufacturing environments;
- Specialized knowledge in Bearing Design (bearing selection, bearing load/capacity calculations, failure analysis);
- A willingness and ability to travel, domestically and internationally, approximately 10% of each work year.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical or equivalent degree;
- Certification in Six Sigma – DFSS or DMAIC;
- Project management training or PMI certification;
- Knowledge of Romax and/or Masta software.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH CVT Commercial Vehicle Transmission
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time