This position will be based in Bangalore and will be in aerospace operations of Supply chain management The principal role of this position is to support Aerospace Business in region for tactical procurement activities. This includes understanding materials purchased, negotiations with suppliers and the ongoing management of supplier relationships. This is a single site role with assignment to operations/ plant location.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
- RFQ Management – Float RFQ’s to suppliers, and depth analysis of RFQ’s, recommendation to commodity managers / Customers on the RFQ / suppliers.
- Negotiation – Should have an experience in negotiation with suppliers, should be costing will be an added advantage.
- PO Management – Receive Inputs from suppliers and enter Promise dates
- Requirement to PO Creation – Convert Requisitions to PO.
- Invoice on Hold – Able to understand the issues of Invoices on hold and the resolution ensuring the payment is done.
- Supplier Management – Worked on supplier addition / modification in the system.
- Report Management – Should have good experience on different report generation’s and analysis for these reports.
- Spend Analysis – Understand how is the spend and come with projects that will save Cost / reduce inventory / improve supplier performance.
- End to End Buyer Responsibilities- Should be owning the End to End responsibilities for Purchase function and act as a Subject Matter Expert for the process.
- Proficient in Costing, Manufacturing knowledge (DFM), Negotiation, Procurement process.
- Collaboration with Global Engineering Team, Eaton Global plants and Global suppliers to achieve cost competitive purchasing within stipulated time line, with good quality.
- Should have hands on experience of Part Rationalization, Standardization.
- Communicates with Plant/Site Buyers on the actions and resolutions.
- Working Knowledge of ERP
- Conduct cost analysis, cost estimations of outsourced parts, should costing
- Graduate in Engineering / Post Graduate in any stream with 5 – 8 yrs experience in Purchasing
- Prior working experience of Purchasing in a Manufacturing industry / Industrial sector experience will be preferred
- Sound analytical and cognitive skills
- Strong Exposure in Supplier Relationship management
- Sound Knowledge of data Analysis in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of SAP transactions linked to Procure to Pay will be added advantage
- Good communication skills to work with teams remotely
- Quick response to deadlines
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time