Senior Quality Engineer
- You will plan and manage the effective operation of the quality assurance function within the Torrance Plant, and to ensure that quality objectives and goals are clearly established and deployed in order to continuously improve and exceed the customer service levels required.
- You will support quality manager and prioritize quality functions in regard to quality issues elimination / reduction and production requirements.
- You will contribute to overall profitability and growth objectives through the management of Eaton’s quality processes, continuous improvement efforts, and quality culture advancement.
- You will be responsible for the reduction of internal & external customer PPM.
- You will participate in material review boards with approval authority on concessions to control non-conforming products.
- You will review daily in-process metrics to help determine priorities.
- You will lead problem solving efforts using 8-D methodology.
- You will drive the team to initiate modifications and re-design of manufacturing processes and product designs as part of failure mode elimination.
- You will represent Eaton in presenting performance and improvement plans with customers.
- You will lead the supplier quality organization in ensuring effective resolution of supplier quality issues.
- You will drive and maintain an atmosphere for Continuous Improvement and Error Proofing through the implementation of six sigma/lean production methodology in order to accomplish department and plant goals.
- You will promote and verify preventive and corrective action.
- You will coordinate the completion of PPAP submission requirements as required by customers. You will ensure effective implementation and qualification of design and manufacturing processes using PPAP submissions.
- You will implement a quality system in conjunction with divisional procedures to ensure compliance with TS 16949, customer specific requirements, and all regulatory requirements.
- You will be responsible for SPC, MSA, Instrument Calibration, Gauge and Master Design & Calibration.
- You will provide leadership and training to the team to execute the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) elements of the ProLaunch process.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
Minimum 3 years of experience working in a quality role in a manufacturing environment.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of Torrance, CA will be considered.
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO
Engineering degree/technical degree
Aerospace/Automotive industry experience
Supervisory and team coordination experience
Certified Quality Auditor
Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt
Problem Solving techniques execution and leadership
Expert skills in using and training quality tools (i.e. Fishbone Diagrams, 5-Whys, 8D, Gage R&R, FMEA , SPC, etc.)
Quality Systems Management, detailed knowledge of ISO 9000 and ISO/AS 16949, working knowledge of AIAG standards including APQP and PPAP
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time