Field Service Representative
- You will provide field service engineering, technical assistance and scheduling support to customers in areas of installation, testing, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of electrical power distribution equipment;
- You will be responsible to self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment; knowledge of electrical test and diagnostic equipment.
- You will deliver technical solutions to customers.
- You will mentor less experienced technicians.
- You will perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology (2 or 3 Year program).
- Minimum 3 years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation provided – candidate must reside within a radius of 80km from the Ottawa, ON site.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Understanding of the company’s and competitor’s electrical, electronic and mechanical products.
Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
Electrician (309A) qualifications would be considered an asset.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time