Eaton’s Electrical Group is currently seeking a CNC Machinist- 1st shift to join our team. This position is in our Aurora, CO facility.
The primary function of the CNC Machinist is to machine raw materials into useable goods for further assembly.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. . It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
• You will have the ability to accomplish CNC mill and lathe programming
• You will set-up and operate CNC mill and lathe
• You will interpret decimal dimensions from drawings and ability to measure with calipers.
• You will properly maintain equipment in accordance with TPM requirements.
• You will report any machine malfunctions, defective parts or safety hazards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• High School education or equivalent (i.e., diploma or GED) from an accredited institution required.
• Minimum 2 year experience operating CNC machinery
• Minimum 2 year experience working with blue prints, micrometers and calipers.
• Must be able to work in the US without Company sponsorship.
• Only candidates living within 50 miles of Aurora, CO will be considered. Relocation benefits are not provided for this position.
•Experience with programming CNC machines : Amada CNC Press Brake set up and operation experience.
• NC-9 and NT controller experience
• Ability to hold tolerances of +/- .010 across multiple bends.
• Good understanding of flat pattern development.
• 2-3 years of set-up and operation of CNC mills and CNC lathes, preferably on Haas and Fadal machining centers.
• Some Mastercam CAD/CAM software experience
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends with advanced notice.
• Ability to work overtime.
• Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment.
• Attention to detail and adaptability.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities.
• Ability to perform all job functions in adherence to Eaton’s philosophy and values, policies as well as the Environmental, Health and Safety standards.
• Experienced with manual mills, drills and saws
• Good understanding of G code functions, and possesses the ability to make programming edits to meet drawing requirements.
• High level in blueprint interpretation with the ability to train others.
• Ability to measure and maintain tolerances to +/- .005 using calipers, height gages and micrometers.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No