- You will lead the motor control center (MCC) product line front end team (engineering, customer service) through hiring, onboarding, training / development, performance management, communications and other management activities.
- You will ensure all facility drawings / manufacturing instructions are delivered to the manufacturing team in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner.
- You will maintain and control all Motor Control Center (MCC) production scheduling by coordinating with the manufacturing team, balancing customer needs and operating capacity as appropriate.
- You will serve as the technical resource for the satellite team, sales, customers and other counterparts on product application, applicable codes, regulations and standards (NEMA, NEC, UL, etc.), and internal Eaton product developments.
- You will review and resolve all warranty issues and claims in line with standard company policies and is in the best interest of ourselves and our customers.
- You will build strong working relationships through effective communications across multiple client groups
- You will embrace a continuous improve mindset to drive engineering efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in engineering and sales, and/or project management
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in from an accredited institution in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or Engineering Technology
- Management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Electrical Product Engineering experience
- Experience with Motor Control Center or Control Systems Engineering
- Must have broad understanding of the Eaton Business System (EBS) and how it should be applied.
- Broad knowledge of the Organization’s products and their applications: panelboards, switchboards, enclosed controls and motor control centers.
- Must possess sound understanding of the construction market and distribution network served by the regional Operations locations.
- In depth knowledge of the entire order process from quotation through installation of the product.
- Product and technical knowledge of control equipment applications are required.
- Proven management and leadership skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, verbal and written skills are vital for success in this position.
- Decisions involving procurement, shipping commitments, and negotiated pricing are standard practices in this role. You are required to work closely with internal and external vendors and the production staff to insure that all commitments are met.
- Ability to make decisions which support the sales and profit objectives established by the Satellite/Svc Operations Manager.
- Delegate to staff the responsibility for leading MESH, 5S, supervision of associates, inventory, Time Keeping, and other necessary roles.
- Perform engineering of complex switchboards when necessary
- Decisions involving staffing, evaluation, discipline, and discharge of direct reports are to be done in accordance with company guidelines and will be discussed with the Human Resources Manager and the Satellite/Svc Operations Manager when required or as necessary.
- Difficult commercial decisions involving significant risk should always be discussed with the Satellite/Svc Operations Manager.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time