Continuous Improvement Specialist
Eaton’s Electrical Systems and Services Group is currently seeking Continuous Improvement Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Airdrie, Alberta facility.
Reporting directly to the Operational Excellence Manager, the CI- Lean Associate is responsible to direct the utilization of ELSS(Eaton Lean Six Sigma), tools and development of CI processes. Improve organizational effectiveness through the coordination and deployment of the Eaton Lean Six Sigma tools and processes to ensure the business meets growth, productivity, safety, and quality objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support the implementation of Eaton’s Lean and Six Sigma tools in the site such as (Value Stream Map, 5S’s, Kaizen, Set Up reduction, Cost Outs, Error Proofing, Material Flow, standard work, TPM(Total Preventive Maintenance), etc.).
- You will implement and create lean initiatives: including data collection, evaluating information to find countermeasures for improvement, cost saving, time saving and HSE improvements to increase efficiency and eliminate waste.
- You will support , VA/VE (Value Analysis / Value Engineer) events for LVCA (Low Voltage Control Assemblies).
- You will support implementing CIF(Continuous Improvement Framework) culture across the plant.
- You will support the 5S’s internal Audits program.
- Support the MESH Initiatives and Zero accident culture.
- Support the Eaton Quality Systems as well as EBE(Eaton Business Excellence), ISO/TS, etc.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Post-secondary education in one of the following areas: manufacturing, industrial mechanical or electrical engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum two years’ experience utilizing lean manufacturing tools and six sigma methodologies.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 80 km of Airdrie to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the Canada without company sponsorship.
- Experience with ISO9001, CSA Z299 and EQMS.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is preferred.
- Strong experience using ADKAR or Management of Organizational Change.
- Advanced computer skills – AutoCAD Electrical and AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoDesk Inventor
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Manufacturing & Quality Control processes/procedures.
- Engineering drawing and BOM interpretation.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time