Eaton is seeking a Robot Welder 2nd Shift located in Greenwood, SC.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will receive work assignments from supervisor or production control system.
- You will input information into data collection system as required.
- You will work from manufacturing information, sketches, drawings, oral and written instructions.
- You will set-up and perform metal joining and cutting operations, with ferrous and nonferrous metals such as (copper, steel, stainless steel, aluminum, galvanized steel, and cast metals), with or without fixtures, using a variety of welding and brazing equipment, robot CNC welders and housing saw.
- You will be able to troubleshoot and program machines with HMI capabilities.
- You will perform routine maintenance on machinery such as oiling, manual clamp adjustments, and clamp/finger replacement
- You will be frequently pushing or pulling up to 100 lbs; frequently lifting up to 50 lbs. In addition use material handling equipment to load, unload, transport, and position heavy loads.
- You will be familiar with all materials used to perform job functions. Follow material safety data sheet instructions.
- You will utilize calipers, gauges, or other measuring devices to assure engineering standards to the .001 precision level.
- You will perform statistical process control on machinery, as required.
- You will assist lower coded operators or perform tasks of lower coded positions.
- You will set-up and operate manual shear.
- You will be expected to comply with the environment, health and safety guidelines.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
High school diploma or GED
Minimum 2 years of welder experience.
Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Greenwood, SC will be considered
Previous experience in running robot welder or CNC operator.
Previous experience using overhead cranes and fork lifts to move material.
Ability to read and interpret various fabrication drawings.
Experience with precision measuring devices such as; calipers, OD/ID and depth gauges, and other measuring devices.
Must demonstrate high learning agility.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No