Lead Engineer – Breakers Systems Engineering
Understand system specifications of Low Voltage MCCB, ACB & circuit protection products to drive requirement management. Elicit, analyze, validate, verify requirements and generate product / systems specifications.
Engineering decision making to generate product specifications using appropriate analytical, engineering calculations, system level analysis tools.
Flow down System specifications and derive product level specifications and limits. Managing ‘technical requirements’ and carry out technical risk assessment across throughout the project/product/system life cycle.
Drive System requirements and changes, ensure system validation is consistent between different families of product. Deploy best in class Systems Engineering process and tools for clear traceability.
Negotiate requirements with Marketing and engineering and finalize the specifications. Validate, Analyze, decompose, and derive requirements to next level subsystems and components. Drive verification of subsystems/systems and support certification.
Coordinates among engineering, marketing, manufacturing teams for building technical catalogues, configurations, styles, construction breaks with focus of accurate, efficient and optimum product variant portfolio.
Collaborate with diverse cross-functional teams at global level spread across multiple locations. This requires the incumbent to have ambition, drive, enthusiasm and strong practical engineering experience to compliment his/her technical ability.
Consistently keeps himself/herself up-to-date with market dynamics, changes in codes & standards, competitor intelligence – in order to quickly adapt and adjusts the product requirements – with intend of keeping our products ahead of the market.
Builds awareness about learning industry standards like UL, IEC, CCC, etc. while leveraging our internal codes and standards team to ensure product compliance.
Performs other duties as required to achieve departmental and division objectives. This may include flexing to other product line teams.
Required: Master’s degree in engineering, preferably mechanical or electrical from an accredited institution.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in leading systems engineering function for new product development associated with Low Voltage Circuit Breakers or equivalent electromechanical product lines.
• Proven track record of successful product launches, realized cost out.
• Proven track record of intellectual property generation with good number of patents / disclosures.
• Sound knowledge of IEC/NEMA/UL Standards.
• Knowledge on Electromechanical & Electronics industrial products.
• Experience in competitive tear downs and benchmarking for Electrical Products.
• Familiarity with ANSI, NEMA, UL, IEC and other applicable standards for electro-mechanical products.
• Exposure of working with diversified global teams on complex new product development
• Proficiency in requirement management tools like JAMA, DOORS, JIRA
• Proficiency in PLM/ERP tools like Enovia, SAP
• Design For Six Sigma Certified
• Understanding of manufacturing processes and product engineering tools
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time