2nd Shift Controls Technician
Eaton’s Vehicle Group North America is currently seeking a 2nd shift Controls Technician. This position is based out of our Kearney, NE facility.
The Controls Technician will troubleshoot and repair all production and support equipment, diagnose systems and equipment performance, and support Maintenance with electronic /electrical repairs and programing of PLC’s and Drives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will write machine programs for new automated systems & upgrade existing systems
- You will diagnosis and repair of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic equipment
- You will diagnosis of electronic and computer systems
- You will support maintenance with electronic/electrical repairs, motion control, and programing of PLC and Drives
- You will troubleshoot cameras and vision systems
- You will troubleshoot and Repair DC circuitry
- You will install electrical equipment according to NEC code
- You will troubleshoot Induction Heating systems.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year manufacturing work experience
- High School Diploma or GED for an accredited institution
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Kearney, NE will be considered
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate within a production environment
- Proven ability to diagnosis and repair electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems
- Proven ability to work on motor controls, AC drives, PLCs, G & L/Allen Bradley
- Knowledge and ability to follow NEC Rules
- Strong ability to read blueprints and schematics
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico