Technical Sales Specialist
- You will drive B-Line national product demand through specification with end-users, Architectural and Engineering (A & E) Firms, and Design/Build contractors (D/B) contractors.
- You will inform the Division of business and product trends and competitive conditions within the region, and support new product releases and new/adjacent account development.
- You will train internal sales force on how to specify, sell, and properly apply the products and/or train our customers on how to specify the products.
- You will prepare reports on new product or process technology, new specifications required by customers, classification of new products; determines quality issues, and directs customer complaints regarding quality, tolerances, specifications, and delivered condition of products.
- You will provide technical support and information to customers on a pre-sales and post-sales basis for product application, specification, interpretation and quotation support.
- You will develop and presents technical seminars for customers, sales personnel, distributors, specifying engineers, and trade shows keeping the customer aware of the manufacturing capabilities including: design, fabrication and assembly abilities.
- You will ensure pull through in the sales channel by working with regional sales management and partnering with key distribution personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the electrical and/or support system industry
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within an 80 kilometer radius of Calgary, AB will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Structural, or Electrical Engineering
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in specification based industry and engineering
- Fluently Bi-Lingual in French and English
- Ability to travel with flexibility on time requirements.
- Ability to work independently from a home office.
- Ability to learn, grow, and adapt with ambiguity and change.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills with ability to think on your feet to field technical questions.
- Ability to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time