Director, Head of Global Quality - Aerospace
Eaton Aerospace Group has an opening for a Director Quality. This position will provide leadership and direction across the aerospace group regarding the Quality System (including EQMS), certifications, the Quality Leading Indicator strategy, customer excellence and all regulatory concerns. Ensure an effective accountability process is in place in all plants enabling prevention and early detection.
The specific functions of this position include the following:
A. Establish a zero defect quality culture by leading the deployment and continuous improvement of the Quality Leading Indicator Strategy globally across all Aero plants.
B. Ensure that Aerospace locations (offices and operations) comply with applicable Eaton, customer and industry-specific Quality requirements by establishing and effective internal audit and assessment process to validate system effectiveness
C. Develop and implement a Quality organizational structure capable of supporting the strategic initiatives and lead the efforts to integrate quality into the development of short and long range business plans. Establish a proactive business impact identity for the Aerospace Quality function.
D. Establish effective measurement and monitoring systems to achieve improvement in key metrics of the balanced scorecard and Eaton Quality System. Deploy a Quality Functional EPM tool and process.
E. Expand the Aerospace Quality System to cover our NPD/ProLaunch activities. Utilize the Quality function to provide oversight and enhancements to the ProLaunch process to verify appropriate processes and procedures are being followed to ensure Customer performance requirements are met and an effective, zero defect transition into manufacturing takes place.
F. Utilize Quality function to lead continuous improvements actions to improve Quality Metrics and CONC performance.
G. Achieve leading customer performance ratings through the implementation of the EBS and Eaton Aerospace Quality System, driving improvement in key customer metrics.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Quality in the Automotive Industry and/or Aerospace Industry
· Six Sigma experience
· Experience with ISO9001
• Must be eligible to work in the US without company sponsorship
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
· Graduate degree preferred
· FAA requirements, NADCAP processes, and repair stations compliance
· ASQ Certified Quality Manager Certification or Certified Quality Engineer (or European Equiv.) preferred, and the candidate should have experience with ISO9001, with preference for candidates with AS9100 Aerospace experience.
· Incumbent must be a proven effective quality leader with exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrated performance results, and a continual improvement mindset.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time