- You will support Current Product or Product Development project teams or Engineering Services programs and conducts specific low to medium complexity tasks assigned.
- You will execute ACES deliverables within the PROLaunch development process. Leads completion of ACES deliverables at the "Runner" risk classification.
- You will work individually or as a part of a team and with other engineering or cross-functional disciplines to deliver as per customer needs and expectations.
- You will present technical information/project status to Eng. Manager
- You will acquire and enhance specific product / technology knowledge relevant to current assignment (Product training/hands-on experience)
- You will find opportunities to generate IP and publications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited institution
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Rumford, RI facility will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of Aerospace design experience
- Aircraft Engine mechanical systems design experience preferred
- Proficient knowledge in fluid mechanics
- MSME (Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering)
- Proficiency in Product Data Management systems for document control and workflow management (ENOVIA is a plus)
- Training or certification in Lean 6-sigma methods preferred
- Develop and release Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP’s), Qualification Test Plans (QTP’s), and support Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) conformity efforts, and manage all Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) activities with the customer during qualification test program.
- DFSS: FEA/FEM experience, testing, Green Belt, DOE Design of Experiments
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Understanding and ability to implement mechanical systems design fundamentals.
- Ability to apply fundamental mechanical principals and physics to designs
- Ability to work in a lab and production environment requiring the use of safety equipment (safety glasses, safety shoes, and hearing protection)
- Knowledgeable in applying GD&T in accordance with ANSI Y 14.5, dimensional stack-ups, etc.
- Understanding of manufacturing process including (but not limited to) turning, milling, grinding, lapping, and all other processes associated with manufacturing mechanical seals.
- Ability to interpret technical and regulatory specifications and convert requirements to qualifying actions including analysis, similarity, and testing
- Ability to organize information, produce well written reports and prepare technical presentations
- Ability to perform preliminary structural and mechanical analysis through FEA and/or kinematic simulation.
- Ability to effectively document and present results of technical activities. Design, analyze and optimize products capable of meeting customer requirements and industry standards through the use of existing, modified, and/or new designs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time