You will ensure quality of parts through visual inspection and physical measurement using a wide variety of hand tools and gages. Responsible for finished parts conformity to print or specification.
You will polish parts to specifications;
You will operate hydraulic C-frame presses and/or Hydroforming equipment and have the ability to safely perform testing of components using high air pressure or water under pressure (ATP)
You will read blueprints in accordance with standard shop practices and responsible for finished parts conformity to print or specification.
You will participate in continuous improvement of processes.
You will be a team player and multi-task.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one year working experience, preferably in manufacturing or operations environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the Eaton Beltsville facility will be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Minimum of one year machine operator experience.
Position requires shop math and trouble shooting skills.
Position requires use of precision measuring instruments such as dial calipers, dial indicators, micrometers, and depth gauges.
Basic understanding of blueprint drawings and ability to follow detailed written instructions.
Position requires exposure to oil, dirt, and heat.
Position requires wearing PPE including apron, safety glasses, and hearing protection.
Able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
Must be self-motivated and able to work without supervision.
Requires frequent lifting, bending and operation of mechanical equipment; must be able to lift up to 35lbs on a regular basis and ability to stand 8 hours a day.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No