Lead Power Systems Engineer
Eaton Power Systems Division has an opening for a Lead Power Systems Engineer to join our team. The position will be based out of Eaton’s Thomas A. Edison Technical Center in Franksville, WI. Please note relocation assistance will be provided.
The Lead Power Systems Engineer will be a part of the Controls and Relays Group and will have a variety of responsibilities, including analyzing customer application needs and proposing appropriate solutions, serving as a liaison between Marketing and the Embedded Software Engineering teams to translate customer requirements to engineering requirements. Serving as a power system protection subject matter expert, staying up-to-date on industry standards and trends and advising other engineering teams accordingly, working directly with customers to troubleshoot issues and provide product training, and developing logical applications (schemes) to fulfill established functional requirements in the areas of power system relaying, protection, and monitoring.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will collaborate with internal and external customers to propose solutions to meet specific utility and commercial and industrial (C&I) customer needs or applications, including new features, upgrades, and/or customizations.
- You will provide technical support to Marketing, Manufacturing, and Service regarding sales opportunities, system integration issues, product commissioning, customer problems, and equipment application issues.
- You will serve as a subject matter expert to the new product development team on power distribution system intelligent electronic device (IED) applications.
- You will utilize Eaton’s ProView graphical programming technology to implement power system application solutions for both standard and engineered-to-order products.
- You will work closely with various engineering and project teams to ensure all system integration issues are considered.
- You will coordinate with other power systems-related organizations within Eaton, including the Corporate Research and Technology group.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in power systems analysis, protection, coordination, relaying and/or closely related disciplines.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering is highly desirable.
- Past experience or coursework in digital logic is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of medium voltage power distribution system IEDs, such as protective relays, recloser controls, and other related protection devices is highly desirable.
- Experience with graphical programming languages, such as Eaton ProView, NI LabVIEW, or Matlab Simulink, is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of SCADA systems and associated protocols (DNP, IEC, etc.), is desirable.
- Project management experience is desirable.
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills with proven results.
- Written and verbal fluency in English language.
- The ability to work effectively in both collaborative and independent working environments, good communication skills, high attention to detail, and a strong motivation for delivering project objectives.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time