Mod Shop Assembler - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Mod Shop Assembler to join our team. This position is based at our Perth, Ontario facility.
This position is responsible for light assembly and wiring of standard & engineered control assemblies; as well as full functional and electrical testing on products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work from drawings, specifications, schematics, wiring diagrams as well as other verbal or written instructions
- You will review wiring diagrams for accuracy and resolve problems with appropriate personnel.
- You will inspect and verify parts picked/delivered to parts required.
- You will determine wiring sequence, layout and location of control assemblies.
- You will mark wiring and components where required
- You will perform continuity testing to verify work
- You will work to CSA, UL, CEC codes and company quality requirements
- You will complete all documentation and entries related to processing products
- You will provide input and recommendations to improve the effectiveness of work area
- You will actively support and participate in corporate initiatives/programs including department meetings, safety programs, lean manufacturing, cost improvements, and quality management programs
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Grade 12 or equivalent level of education from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Only candidates that currently reside within 80 kilometers of Perth, Ontario will be considered
- Minimum 1 year experience in a light assembly setting will be an asset, but not necessary as training will be provided.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft applications is preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean principles
- 2-year community college diploma, or greater from an accredited institution with a preferred focus in the electrical field.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
Accessibility Policy: Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No