Warehouse Worker - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Warehouse Worker to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Roanoke, VA facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will audit inbound freight for accurate count, damages, and examine products to ensure damaged products are not used in assembly.
- You will maintain discrepancy logs of each vendor and create scorecards for each.
- You will work with inbound vendors to correct all discrepancies.
- You will maintain and distribute reports.
- You will use RF (radio frequency) units to scan barcodes.
- You will relocate incoming shipment to identified location.
- You will follow safety procedures for equipment used to reduce potential for accidents.
- You will monitor equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- You will have the ability to learn to operate sit down and stand up lift if not already trained.
- You will have the ability to learn or understand SAP processes.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided for this opening. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of Roanoke, VA will be considered
- Previous experience operating a forklift
- Previous experience using an RF Scanner
- Previous SAP experience
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No