Product Line Technology Lead, Hydraulic LRU
Eaton’s Fuel and Motion Control Systems division is growing ! We are currently seeking a Product Line Technology Lead, Hydraulic LRU to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MS facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
The Line Technology Lead is responsible for execution and professional direction of the Aerospace FMC Hydraulic LRU technology development, in support of the Hydraulic and EMA strategy. This includes responsibility for short and long-range planning, ownership, and execution of technical roadmaps aligned with the business objectives.
In this role you will :
- Mentor and direct the technical work packages of team members
- Coordinate support across multiple functions including Centers of Excellence, program management, product teams, SCM and other.
- Support innovation events, generating intellectual property with significant business impact. Creates new and unique ideas by easily making connections among previously unrelated notions, demonstrating originality, and is recognized for adding value in brainstorming settings.
- Develop resources and capabilities at the Eaton India Engineering Center and Eaton India Innovation Center to support the division strategies and initiatives.
- Execute on mechanical and electrical technology integration within the hydraulic products. Individual will be knowledgeable in CAD, drawing creation, tolerance stack-ups, FEA, CFD, tribology, cavitation, fluid and acoustic noise, and heat transfer.
- Utilize EPIC to measure and track program performance and leverage the metrics to drive efficiency, quality and OTD.
- Apply problem solving techniques by use of rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. This is done by probing all fruitful sources for answers, recognizing hidden problems, excelling at honest analysis, and looking beyond the obvious.
- Assure that product and system designs are competitive on a global basis with respect to cost performance, quality, and reliability. Maintain visibility to and relationships with customers’ technical teams.
- Prepares engineering proposals for new or changed scope research and technology projects by compiling, preparing and providing technical data.
- Support the sales and marketing teams as a technical expert for customer visits and discussions for early customer engagement and better understanding of the customer wants and needs. Implement voice of the customer and voice of the market into technology roadmaps and product/technology development plans.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years’ technical engineering experience
- Previous work with hydraulic component design
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Thorough understanding of mechanical/hydraulic design/functionality to include experience with calculating critical characteristics related to pump performance.
- Working knowledge of FEA (Failure Effects Analysis) and CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) and software programs used in their assessment (ANSYS).
- Thorough understanding of aerospace manufacturing processes, tolerances, and materials/mechanics of materials.
- Working knowledge of machining, turning, grinding, heat treat operations, etc. and how these processes affect product design.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time