Eaton Corporation, the Aerospace Group is currently recruiting for a Continuous Improvement Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Irvine, CA facility.
The Continuous Improvement Technician will be responsible for supporting Continuous Improvement projects, which will lead to improvements in factory margins, product delivery performance, employee safety and reductions in product/process variation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. . It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
• You will help implement the Site Lean and Six Sigma projects and initiatives
• You will assist in documenting manufacturing processes and modification of Standard work
• You will conduct layered process audits
• You will work on projects as assigned
• You will conduct BOM/router audits
• You will assist in the creation of sub-assembly sketches and visual controls to aid the manufacturing processes
• You will work with CI engineer in preparing necessary hardware related to machine shop, assembly, and test workstations required for improvement projects
• You will train line operators on new processes and procedures implemented during RIEs assisting with action items and follow up
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in Kaizen Events
• Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
• No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Irvine, CA in order to be considered.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
• Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
• Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing certificate
• Experience in the use of CAD, CATIA, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time