Systems Engineering Co-op
- Execute test plans in a test cell or actual vehicle environment and determine Pass/Fail criteria. Make recommendations based off of test results.
- Become proficient using Vector’s CANape CAN based data collection tool as well as the ability to understand MatLab models.
- Investigate root cause analysis of a specific design issue, and then recommend design options to solve the problem. After that, lead the effort to implement the design followed by test and validation work to confirm the solution.
- Interact with other Eaton internal functions at various technical levels.
- Learn how manual and automated transmissions work and how they interact with other vehicle and drivetrain components.
- Support Shift Point and other vehicle related Calibration efforts under the direction of a lead engineer.
- Will eventually develop and complete test procedures, technical reports, and vehicle level System Certification tests.
- Become familiar with the standardized Eaton database known as Enovia
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics at Kettering
- Available for full-time employment during fall/spring (B-section Kettering),
- Sophomore or equivalent status (freshmen if related work experience)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to work efficiently in a team environment
- Eagerness to learn, especially with hands-on vehicle and/or test environments.
- Competency with the Microsoft suite of Windows tools.
- Ability to understand MatLab models, eventually competent with making changes.
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH CVT Commercial Vehicle Transmission
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time