Parts Sales Manager
- The principle activities performed on an on-going basis include the promotion of products and solutions that are part of the Roadranger portfolio including : Sale of genuine Reman transmissions, Eaton clutches, PTO’s, Service software, Inverters, synthetic lubricants, extended warranties, and pay for training. You will also promote and administer various Industry sales programs to Eaton uses that help grow our dealer, Independent, and end use markets. Providing customer feedback and showing results from these programs will be a large part of your weekly activities.
- Making good choices about which accounts to call on within the territory determines much of the success you will achieve in this role. Choosing between time spent on travel, administrative duties, face to face visits, entertainment, and Industry trade shows will be critical to the efficiency achieved in this role. The balance chosen between these activities is among the most challenging aspect of this role. Strong organizational skills and good time management will be necessary to achieve mastery in this role.
- Strategy responsibilities include making correct assessments about which accounts are most likely to achieve maximum territory sales. You will be responsible to create value propositions designed to drive year over year sales growth and customer satisfaction. Separately created value propositions will be evaluated management in writing to determine additional funding that may be offered to drive additional needs recognized within the territory that do not otherwise fit standard programs.
- You will be required work with Eaton’s call center to provide customer service and quick resolution of any customer product issues. You will also work across the organization to support sales issues, provide competitive feedback, or product and program enhancements information. Product training is done regularly at dealer audiences, Independents, regional OEM events, and local tradeshows within the assigned territory.
- Eaton’s information sources are critical to ensuring the smooth operation of our Sales and service metrics. As a result, you will be asked to make timely entries into various Eaton IT based recording systems to demonstrate wins and losses, actual sales calls per week, Sales probabilities, customer contact reports (CCR’s), achievement towards goals in APEX, and completing agreements and claims within Eaton’s Customer 360 system.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years’ of experience working for a commercial manufacturing or automotive distribution company OR 2 years in a vehicle/heavy equipment customer support role
- No relocation benefit is provided for this role. Candidates must reside within the immediate geographical area of Chicago, Elk Grove, Illinois, or Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future.
- Valid U.S. driver's license is required
- Roadranger product or comparable product experience with a focus on sales, service, and support.
- Proven “Value Selling” skills.
- Specialized knowledge of business aspects of the trucking industry.
- Experience negotiating, presenting to customers, delivering, training, and developing business plans.
- Must work effectively while traveling up to 75% of the time and working extended hours
- A company vehicle is provided for this role
- Ability to influence others both internally and externally
- Time management skills; must respond with sense of urgency to customer requirements
- Aptitude to develop working knowledge of clutch and transmission product lines, and their function, as part of a major commercial vehicle “system.”
- Ability to manage all customers segments (dealer, fleet, transmission rebuilders, and warehouse distributors) in a given territory
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds, and maneuver around a class 6,7, or 8 truck
- Ability to work from home; must be self-motivated and goal oriented
- Ability to work on a remote team
- Consistently acts in an ethical, open, honest, trustworthy and truthful manner
- Ability to effectively manage sales channels
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time