Maintenance Technician (Afternoon Shift)
The Maintenance Technician will assess problems, perform repairs and return all machinery to operational integrity, including all accessories. The core hours for this position are 3:00pm-11:20pm CST Monday – Friday.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will troubleshoot, diagnose and repair all equipment malfunctions, including hydraulic, solid state electrical, electrical circuitry, pneumatic, and mechanical
- You will apply knowledge of electricity, both low and high voltage (transportation, amplification, control and use)
- You will utilize the following: electric/electronic schematics, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams, mechanical blueprints / schematic drawings, diagnostic equipment (such as oscilloscope; amp, voltage and data meters) to rebuild/repair equipment
- You will perform scheduled preventive and predictive maintenance
- You will operate material handling equipment including forklifts, cranes, tractors, front-end loaders, and hoists; Perform rigging as required
- You will troubleshoot hydraulic and pneumatic systems; CNC, NC, and PLC drive systems (servo drive systems, encoders, tachometers, and scales); HVAC systems and Maximo CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- You will partner with supervisor to complete requisitions to facilitate ordering of parts and maintenance supplies as used/needed
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year maintenance experience OR technical certification or an Associate’s from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Shenandoah, IA area (50 miles) will be considered for this position (with exception of internal candidates currently assigned to the Shenandoah, IA site)
- Experience with CNC equipment
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Minimum 1 year maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment OR technical Associate’s degree in electromechanical or maintenance technology or completion of a Maintenance Apprenticeship Program
- All employees are expected be actively engaged, and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to, environment, health, safety, and hygiene requirements / guidelines.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and push or pull up to 100 lbs.; constant standing, bending and occasional walking
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workplace, perform daily 5S+ activities
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives, including but not limited to the Eaton Shenandoah Visions Program, STOP Program, and Kaizen events.
- Display professional conduct and have good communication skills (written, oral, and interpersonal)
- Engagement in plant-wide initiatives (e.g., various committees, community involvement, etc.)
- Train and develop fellow employees in minor and major equipment maintenance; continually update skills to adapt to new machinery, technology and processes
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No