Engineer Validation Cloud Apps and IoT
Job Title: Engineer # 059336
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Engineer in Eaton’s , based in Pune, India .
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is to understand product requirements, design and develop verification plan, module level and system level test cases for firmware and software applications for Electrical Circuit Protection products. Providing project, process, and technical leadership on projects V&V activities & should contribute in product & technology innovations. Should demonstrate ‘Right to Left’ thinking (starting with consideration for end user)..
Your essential responsibilities:
- Perform requirement based testing - Unit, Integration, System testing & Test Automation for cloud/IoT based applications. Work on test automation using Python, UFT, protractor, Selenium etc.
- Plan, design, and implement testing strategies and automation infrastructure for complex systems with sound knowledge of metering and Gateway products.
- Suggest and develop re-usable components/test suites/modular test scripts and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in Electrical Circuit Protection products. Share knowledge within the team and demonstrates flexibility working in parallel on multiple assignments/product categories.
- With a thorough understanding of cloud and mobile apps, IoT based testing, test coverage , communication protocols Modbus/tcp, identify, analyze, and document defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in software and software program functions, outputs, interfaces, and content.
- Participate in functional and code reviews with team members for modules/tasks and ensuring that requirements are meeting as per product backlogs.
- Hands on experience in mobile app testing
- Ensure compliance with CMMI ML3 process and agile including requirements management, defect tracking, build management, change management, and configuration management tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Computer Science, IT, E&TC, Instrumentation)
3+ years of experience in cloud and IoT Verification & Validation.
Experience with Metering / Switchgears/Relays or Electrical circuit protection domain with OOPs concepts and web-applications.
- Exposure to mobile development platform like Xamarine
- Experience with the Git version control system
- Strong MVC and database experience
- Knowledge and use of tools- Eclipse, Visual Studio, JIRA – issue tracking, Subversion – source code repo, Fisheye/Crucible – script code reviews, Jenkins – automated builds etc.
- Must have experience in creating and executing automated test scripts using latest software testing tools technology like UFT, python, Java scripts, protractor, Selenium web driver or any other tools technologies.
- Experience in data spikes and bursty usage patterns testing.
- Experience in preparation of release notes ,test plan and software release package
- Agile SCRUM knowledge.
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written) to communicate information effectively to customers, and technical staff.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time