Systems Application Engineer
- You will perform as an Engineering Lead for multiple field based system deployments.
- You will plan the assigned project by defining the design requirements that match the customer’s needs with the supplied system.
- You will create project scopes that include all the required hardware and software systems, bulk communications platform, and ancillary components to create a functioning system and meet project objectives.
- You will initiate project control activities to achieve deliverables as defined by the Project Manager in the Project Plan. Deliverables include: material and software deliveries; customer hardware and software training and software system interfaces
- You will identify, log, analyze and manage potential and actual issues and risks Initiate corrective actions as necessary and escalating when appropriate.
- You will provide application engineering expertise to assist the customer in making decisions to properly utilize product features to achieve the customer’s expected value
- You will provide training to customers on the installation, operation, and maintenance of EAS hardware, software, and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or IT from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Field Engineering, Application Engineering or Systems Integration role.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Plymouth, MN site.
- Experience with Electrical Utility Metering equipment and practices
- Experience with Radio Frequency and Cellular Communications Systems
- Experience with Communications Hardware, Firmware, and Enterprise Software systems.
- Engineer-in-Training or Professional Engineering license preferred
- Project Management Professional certification preferred
- Demonstrated ability to apply project management principles to the delivery of engineering projects in a sales support environment.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Proven track record of demonstrating teamwork, time management, customer service skills, and
- ability to multi-task in an interrupt based environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Participate in support rotation as required by manager
- Participate in afterhours support rotation
- Ensure our customers are receiving high quality support by achieving our goals for our customer service metrics.
- Provide continuous improvement of processes by testing hardware and software.
- Provide product training and assist with training material development as required.
- Ensure product documentation and support materials meet the customer needs and provide feedback to management and development teams to improve.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time