Electrical Technician - 3rd Shift
- You will maintain and repair various types of production equipment including, but not limited to, grinders, CNC machines, assembly equipment, furnaces, washers, weld machines, conveyance, fans, motors, pumps, and inspection equipment.
- You will effectively diagnose and repair CNC machinery while working with PLC’s – Allen Brandley, Koyo, Omron, D100, GE, Mitsubishi, and Siemens
- Properly identify components (power supplies, processors, I/O)
- Online and download programs, save, edit online programming changes effectively
- You will properly identify and show basic knowledge of each make and model of HMI
- You will effectively diagnose and replace HMI componentry (monitors, keyboards, etc.) and identify required software and cables to save or restore all HMI Operator Displays
- You will work with Engineering team and Operations on work assignments and priorities. Confers with operations to observe, inspect machinery determining root causes of malfunction while performing diagnostic checks.
- You will remove, replace, or repair worn or defective parts, align components, safely returning equipment to operational status in minimum time required.
- You will work from complex diagrams, schematics, prints, work orders, and comply with specifications as required.
- You will test-run repaired machinery and equipment to verify adequacy of repairs.
- You will actively participate in lean/5S/continuous improvement activities related to the facility as needed.
- High school Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided for this position, only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Roxboro, NC facility will be considered.
A minimum of 3 year of experience as an Mechanical/Electrical Technician OR an Associate’s Degree OR currently pursuing an Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Awareness of the work impact to ISO 14001 regulations
- Ability to program PLCs in at least two languages
- Associates degree in Electrical or Electronics, Industrial Maintenance, or Mechatronics is preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No