Regional Logistics Manager
Some activities related with the position will be:
- You will leverage the Central Logistics team and our SCM Shared Service Center to create models for analyzing and upgrading existing processes and to deploy new initiatives.
- You will coordinate with Finance to execute financial reporting for Logistics spend, economics, mix, and inefficiencies.
- You will facilitate customer and preferred supplier partnerships, cost-out strategies, and product design parameters in order to add value within manufacturing operations.
- You will provide input to Global Logistics on programs such as freight payment, cross docking, and carrier management processes.
- You will manage Logistics governance and ensure adherence to processes and policies.
- You will facilitate cross-functional collaboration and team-building sessions with the extended Logistics team to achieve SCM functional excellence.
- You will manage border cross-dock providers in coordination with US logistics teams and facilitate performance reviews to ensure costs and service targets are met.
- You will standardize freight payment processes for the region and facilitate the integration of related data with the Global SCM Data Warehouse.
- You will recommend enterprise-wide solutions based on internal and external benchmarking, forecasting, data and trend analysis, operational needs assessment, customer feedback, and product value analysis
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution
- Minimum of 10 years’ professional work experience
- Advanced degree in Supply Chain or Business from an accredited institution
- 5-10 years’ professional experience in Logistics and/or Supply Chain
- 3-5 years’ professional experience in global logistics analysis and management, global trade compliance and/or third-party logistics operations
- 1-2 years’ supervisory experience
- Proven problem solving ability and knowledge of process improvement techniques through six sigma applications
- Knowledge of business, goals and strategies in a multinational, industrial organization and ability to align projects and initiatives fits into the overall business enterprise
- Ability to share subject matter expertise and consult with internal client groups
- Knowledge of market conditions (i.e. changing prices, supply considerations and demand variables) in his/her pertinent commodities of responsibility.
- Ability to build relationships with Marketing, Engineering and Operations personnel and suppliers
- Exhibit a strong sense of urgency, ownership and effective communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time