Supplier Quality Engineer
Eaton’s Fuel & Motion Control Systems Division is currently seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MS facility.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for coordinating suppliers and verifying quality standards in accordance with the requirements of our organization and Eaton Supplier Excellence Manual. In this role, you will be in charge of performing regular supplier audits to ensure compliance with regulatory standards, as well as actively participating in strategic development based on quality control plans. The Supplier Quality Engineer will manage the supply chain, serve as the liaison for suppliers, suggest structural quality and process improvements, and collaborate with other engineers in a team environment. You will assure supplier’s base goals are aligned to the performance metrics of the organization and support any activity that is needed to improve their performance when this is not achieving organization’s expectative.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will establish objectives, policies and procedures for the Suppliers Quality Control activities.
- You will ensure the promotion, awareness and deployment of Eaton, Customer and regulatory requirements through the Supply Chain base, including deployment of Eaton Business tools to improve business with suppliers.
- You will ensure the support of implementation and sustain of the Quality Lead Indicators QLI’s.
- You will conduct supplier problem resolution using 6 sigma tools.
- You will perform process/product audits to those suppliers that have been identified as critical and their performance is not adequate per our Eaton Supplier Excellence Manual.
- You will monitor scoring and certification of suppliers according with the tool Wisper.
- You will audit the Supplier Quality Management System when is required.
- You will develop the Eaton supply base to manage objectives and needs.
- You will implement and initiate corrective actions to suppliers and provide follow up and effectiveness until they are closed properly.
- You will review, evaluate and assign Quality Requirements to Purchase Orders from the organization to the Supply Chain.
- You will support in the methodology of develop PFMEA/Control Plans with the suppliers’ processes (PPAP).
- You will work with the support team and operations of the organization to support any activity relate to investigations and analysis with suppliers that are required by customers.
- You will delegate as approver for FAIR’s performed by suppliers through Wisper or Supplier VIS.
- You will support supplier and sub-supplier qualification activities
- You will coordinate and support to the Receiving Inspection team with the Inspection plans.
- You will create the Inspection Plan by part number by considering Key Characteristics per drawings that are CTQ, CTC or special processes.
- You will coordinate and support MR activities when these are required by Suppliers or Internal Customers with the rest of the functions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 1 year of quality experience
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Jackson, MS location.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum 1 year experience with Six Sigma Tools (SPC, Fishbone, 5 Why)
- Minimum 5 years in Quality Assurance experience preferred
- Previous aerospace experience preferred
- Knowledge of aerospace regulatory environment
- Knowledge in the machining environment preferred
- Green Belt certified is a plus
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability for negotiation with suppliers
- Understanding of problem solving methods (Six Sigma, 8D, Root Cause Analysis)
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality registration schemes and certification processes (ISO9001, AS9100)
- Knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements
- Nadcap process
- Advanced knowledge APQP/PPAP
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time