Programming Technician (1st Shift)
- You will modify and create programs with proper tool sequence and feeds/speeds to optimize CNC programs; operate CAD software such as Autocad, ProE, etc.
- You will set up machines for operations such as boring, milling, drilling, facing, threading, diamond bar lapping and occasional profiling and contouring.
- You will program and document revisions as required including work procedures, tool lists, and JIP sheets.
- You will provide input on machining efficiency improvements and cost versus benefit analysis of new tooling considerations.
- You will operate Coordinate Measurement Machines(CMM), height gage, calipers, micrometers, profilometers and other quality gages to verify part quality.
- You will provide design assistance for products and produce engineering drawings for tools and fixtures.
- You will evaluate and approve program integrity prior to release to the shop floor.
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two years of experience operating manual, NC, and/or CNC machine tools or previous programming experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Searcy, AR will be considered
- Vocational certificate or two year degree in machining or a related field
- CMM Programming experience
- Cutting tool knowledge
- Previous experience with AutoCAD, CADKey, ProE, or other drafting package.
- Previous experience with MasterCAM, Esprit, or other CAM software preferred.
- Blueprint reading, including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD & T)
- Shop math for machinist (inch to metric conversion, addition / subtraction of decimals and fractions, etc.)
- Gauging concepts and techniques (calipers, height gages, micrometers, profilometer, roundness gages, plug gages, air gages, dial depth gages, etc.)
- Ability to work from and understand drawings, specifications, programs, setup instructions, and other data to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience in job setups requiring tooling and fixturing changes.
- Knowledge and understanding of Lean principles
- Demonstrated ability of writing programs for horizontal machining centers and / or turning machines
- Ability to upload and download files “DNC”
- Ability to support and troubleshoot problems with run out, flatness, parallelism, and hole positioning is a must.
- Ability to apply and understand concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Demonstrated ability to use precision measurement equipment (calipers, height gages, micrometers, profilometer, roundness gages, plug gages, air gages, dial depth gages, etc.)
- Operation of personal computer including Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Previous experience creating and modifying engineering drawings on paper or with a computer.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time