- Direct daily work flow (WIP – “work in process”) through analysis of reports and input from cross-functional teams.
- Aligns and sets priorities for resources and shared resources across factory to maximize efficiency and material flow to ensure customer ship schedules on time.
- Accumulates daily parts/material information to analyze and establish dates to meet and exceed customer delivery requirements.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams including: Customer Service, Engineering, Quality, Operations and Purchasing.
- Own metrics of manufacturing on-time delivery (OTM), through-put, and past due order reduction.
- Participate in and lead business processes improvement events such as Continuous Improvement Framework, kaizens and workshops in order to improve processes and reduce waste.
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures and techniques which will improve the scheduling function.
- Actively participate in process improvement and creation/adhering to standard work.
- Establish optimal internal procurement strategies to achieve desired service, while utilizing just in time inventory management philosophies.
- Manage Assigned Projects utilizing a cross functional team.
QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
Minimum of one year of experience performing scheduling in a manufacturing environment.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
Relocation is not offered for this position. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the Waukesha, WI site to be considered for this opportunity.
Preferred Qualifications :
Prior Experience with MRP/ERP system
Demonstrated experience with Lean/Six Sigma principles utilizing: consignment, pull systems, Kanban
Proven analytical, problem solving, project management and facilitation skills.
Expert knowledge with Microsoft Excel.
Knowledge of institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Statistical process control, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical software programs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time