Inside Sales/Quotation Engineer (Italian Speaker)
The primary function is to deliver engineering solutions and technical support (pre-sales and/or after sales) to internal and external customers and/or the sales organization by acting as a primary point of contact on several channels: telephone, e-mail, web ticket, etc. for electrical product portfolio, in specific low voltage devices for EATON Electrical division.
Responsible for interfacing with local sales colleagues, area managers, end customers, partners such panel builders, wholesalers and distributors, designers and/or sales or service representative when necessary to handle a variety of pre-sales or post-sales technical support functions. Manage technical inquiries, such design of electrical cabinets, emergency lighting and fire solutions, EOM cabinets configurations. Supporting the sales functions across EMEA and external customers in areas such as technical assistance, product or assortment specific questions, technical guidance, warranty, documentation, repair/calibration request and troubleshooting.
The position would include assisting customers with product selection and application assistance via phone and email.
- Manage technical inquires such configuration-to order and engineering-to-order solutions including product from all EATON electrical divisions.
- Draft technical quotations based on electrical diagrams, lists of material, tender documents, technical data, product lists from competitors catalogues.
- Design of electrical, lighting and safety solutions complying standards, norms and regulations.
- Manage cross references and provide technical support in choosing the components among the EATON product portfolio and competitors.
- Assist internal and external customers with product selection and application assistance via email and phone.
- Provide support in testing and development for engineering software’s and tools for design and quotations.
- Own and drive the technical knowledge and expertise for specific product families and help in knowledge sharing sessions for new joiners and colleagues in the BSC.
- Support in the creation of daily/weekly/monthly team reporting activities.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Engineering (Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical/Energetic or equivalent) from an accredited institution (MSc/Electrical is an advantage).
- Fluent English capabilities (any other European Language is a plus).
- Proven professional experience in technical support or sales for Electrical/Industrial sector.
- Understanding of low voltage electrical products and related applications.
- Demonstrated ability in understanding engineering inquires, tenders documents, electric diagrams, drawings and technical schemes, CAD layouts.
- Familiar with technical standards and regulations as IEC/EN/ISO/UNI/CEI/UL.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the technical parameters in the required area of expertize such power distribution (cabinets, MCB, MCCB, ACB, relays, auxiliary contacts), industrial automation (motor starters, contactors, inverters, HMI systems, PLC), emergency lighting and fire protection systems.
- Analytical mindset and ability to compare products from competitors, identify sales opportunities, analyze commercial and technical data.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time