Site Infrastructure Support Analyst
Working on tickets and meeting defined service level agreements for the resolution of: incidents, requests, changes, and problems, as well as tasks assigned as part of one of those ticket types.
PC/device lifecycle management - replacing outdated end user and infrastructure hardware when needed and planned for. This includes provisioning, asset management, and disposal.
Ensure compliance with defined policies and procedures around end user client security and infrastructure, site IT disaster recovery planning, as well as participation in IT projects that require coordination, communication and/or implementation.
Provides assistance to remote technical resources who administer network switches, servers and other IT infrastructure.
- You will deploy, configure, and support hardware (PC, laptop, mobile, printing, etc.), client operating systems, and productivity software for end users.
- You will follow standard ITSM processes of Asset Management, Change Management, Incident Management, Request Management, Problem Management and Project Management to serve end users and maintain high levels of performance in achieving service level agreements.
- You will be responsible for the annual refresh of IT disaster recovery plan, as well as walkthrough of plan with stakeholders if required.
- You will participate in application, infrastructure, security, operational excellence initiatives, and support activities as needed.
- You will Assist with support of site-based IT systems.
- You will participate in trouble-shooting and resolution of larger IT issues. Participate in efforts related to root cause analysis and problem management as needed.
- You will act as the liaison between IT and users to drive IT standards. Advocate, influence, and assure compliance to IT standards and policies. Share information about best practices with end users to increase user satisfaction and productivity.
- You will participate in internal audits related to IT processes, procedures, software, and systems. Influence budgeting, forecasting, and spending for IT infrastructure as required.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years of IT experience.
- Relocation is not being offered. Candidate must be located within a 50 mile radius of the Eaton Los Angeles, CA facility.
- Associate Degree in business or technology.
- ITIL, MCSA, or comparable certification.
CompTIA A+ certification.
- 5 plus years of IT experience supporting Windows operating systems and PCs.
MS Windows Operating Systems experience.
MS Office Suites experience.
Hardware - PC’s, laptops, mobile devices, PC peripherals
Working knowledge of other IT infrastructure – network, servers, storage, phone systems.
Knowledge of miscellaneous equipment used in manufacturing locations such as bar code scanners, specialized printers, industrial PCs, RF Scanners, etc.
Ability to adapt and learn; to support complex IT environments that may contain various operating systems, desktop, network, phone, and mobile technology.
IT Service Management (ITIL) - Asset Management, Incident Management, Request Fulfilment, Problem Management, and Change Management
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time