SQL Server DBA
You will use technical SQL Server DBA skills for estimating project effort and completing project work.
You will work with customers and vendors to understand application purpose and setup to help assess optimal options for SQL installations, upgrades and/or moves.
You will collaborate, build and maintain relationships with multiple technical groups.
You will stay current on SQL Server and Eaton data center technology directions and capabilities to provide input to Eaton SQL Server process and team improvements.
You will assist with implementing SQL Server environment improvements.
You will update and promote established database and application administration processes while keeping relevant documentation up to date.
- Requirement analysis
Task estimation in effort hours
Creating technical documentation
Task estimation in effort hours
Review and limited update of SSRS Interfaces to other systems
Providing training to support DBA team as needed
Responsible for technical delivery of assigned projects
Technical mentoring of junior DBA’s
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 2 years of IT experience is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in SQL Server database administration required.
- Relocation is not being offered, all candidates must reside within 50 miles of Beachwood, OH or Moon Township, PA
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline in Management Information Systems / Computer Science / Mathematics / Engineering / or Equivalent Technical Area
- Demonstrates a good understanding of all aspects of multi-instance SQL Server 2016, SQL Server 2014 and SQL Server 2012 database architecture, administration, patching, backups, restores, installation, configuration and security.
- Ability to read and modify Structured Query Language (SQL), database triggers, stored procedures.
- Understanding of basic instance and Structured Query Language (SQL) tuning.
- Familiar with programming concepts and methods and strong desire to automate repetitive tasks.
- Experience in understanding technical application architectures leading to appropriate SQL Server environment sizing.
- Understanding of relational data model concepts and ability to help define data fixes.
- Ability to weigh various suggested technical solutions against business needs and choose the most effective solution, given technical merits, cost considerations, and manageability.
- Working knowledge of the Windows environment and tools such as managing shares, managing local services, cluster manager and ODBC/JDBC.
- Experience with modifying and creating SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
- Experience managing SQL Server databases in a VMWare environment.
- Familiarity with Symantec NetBackup or equivalent backup environments.
- Familiarity with Storage Area Network (SAN) environment concepts.
- Working knowledge of replication and AlwaysOn a plus.
- Familiar with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Sharepoint concepts a plus.
- Experience with SQL Server In Memory usage.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time