Senior Division Sales Engineer
Eaton’s Electrical Systems and Services Group is currently seeking a Senior Division Sales Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Fayetteville, North Carolina location.
The Senior Division Sales Engineer will support the sales force on Motor Control Center project negotiations. Responsibility to include interpretation of project plans and specifications, product application, configuration of product, technical support, proposal preparation, lead time information, review of project terms and conditions, and pricing authority managed to price bands as determined by manager. Meet or exceed orders volume and price objectives by product line and market segment as determined by manager in accordance with profit plan for assigned territories. Review customer needs and specifications in order to determine the minimum bill of material, most competitive price level, and shipment cycle within the market segment pertaining to each specific negotiation. Interpret incoming product line quotations for project desirability factor, proper product content, and list price. Recommend modifications to bill of material to meet customer specification and improve Eaton’s competitive position as needed. Responsibilities also to include facilitation of order entry with EatonCare and Front-End personnel; order and price reconciliation and other customer requested functions as required to obtain profitable sales growth of Eaton’s MCCs in assigned regions. Report new product requirements, track negotiations, report orders entered and lost, develop accurate monthly forecasts and report market trends.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will perform a wide variety of marketing and technical tasks, including solving customer problems with the use of technical and marketing publications, development specifications, and divisional peers to innovate problem solutions.
· You will manage time appropriately to meet the product line’s objectives and customers’ requirements.
· You will guide the coordination of special complex design problems with design/standards engineering.
· You will interpret and define commercial and technical data where customer and/or product planning specifications are of a general or speculative nature involving the solution of new and varied problems.
· You will negotiate with Field Sales/customer, to obtain highest price levels for service and product features offered.
· You will sell Field Sales organization on quality and product features in order to obtain required focus and attention to meet volume objectives.
· You will assist Field Sales to help upsell to the customer after the order has been awarded to obtain the maximum justifiable price realization on change notices.
· You will give training and informative presentations to customers, distributors, and sales force concerning Eaton’s electrical products and services.
· You will travel as necessary to effectively interface with customers and other required contacts and to manage or participate in company-related projects, activities, or other job-related assignments.
· You will be a technical resource for the MCC product line.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Requirements:
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution
A minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing-based business
Product and technical knowledge of distribution and/or control equipment applications
Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time