Regional Sales and Application Engineer
- You will be a commercial & technical resource for the product line, including answering complex customer or field sales questions.
- You will provide technical product training for the North America Sales team, Project Management, etc.
- You will prepare written materials in response to customer requests including Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Marketing Literature.
- You will support the development of the sales strategy and plans for the assigned regions.
- You will forecast projected sales opportunities for budgeting and performance purposes.
- You will identify and grow key accounts/relationships in existing and new customer organizations and partner with key business development resources (i.e. Business Development Managers and Regional Marketing Managers) to ensure that they understand the activities in the region in order to optimize sales and profits.
- You will attend project kick-off, project coordination meetings, on-board drawing reviews and/or witness testing as product expert based on needs of the project.
- You will communicate regional/segment information to leadership on competitive activities, develop and execute marketing plans and provide customer/market voice of customer input.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in technical sales, marketing or engineering
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business from an accredited institution
- 5 years of technical sales, marketing or application engineering experience in power distribution or electrical industry
- Basic understanding of electricity
- Basic understanding of established design standards and their application within power distribution and control systems.
- Experience with Panelboard and Switchboard Solutions
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with Project Management
- Ability to travel up to 10%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time