LeadTax Analyst, Transfer Pricing Controversy EMEA
- Work independently in developing responses to Tax Authority inquiries on various issues, and anticipates future issues in related responses.
- Review and amend existing TP documentation for completeness, preparing analysis for intercompany transactions as necessary.
- Collecting data needed for the preparation of responses to the Tax Authorities from different functions within Eaton (e.g. Finance, Treasury, International Tax).
- As needed, preparation of transfer pricing analyses and documentation as required under tax laws of various jurisdictions in which Eaton operates.
- Provide support in calculating the reserves for EMEA tax positions as necessary.
- Provide support on ad-hoc projects and activities depending on the business need.
- A Bachelor Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Business or related fields (other degrees will be considered if relevant experience in transfer pricing, tax or finance). Masters degree and/or professional qualification (CPA, CFA, or other) is a plus.
- 4-7 years working experience in international tax, transfer pricing, audit or finance, gained from either a similar position in industry or in a consulting environment.
- In addition, the position requires a person with strong skills in the following areas:
- Computer skills – Must be fluent in the use of standard software, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, including experience in financial modeling. Also, must be able to learn Eaton’s databases, financial reporting and forecasting systems.
- Communications – Must be able to clearly communicate, orally and in writing, including the ability to explain complex information and persuade colleagues when necessary. Candidate must be fluent in English. Knowledge of German is a plus.
- Interpersonal skills – Must interact effectively with people, both inside and outside the Company, who have diverse backgrounds, languages and different objectives.
- Other – Must have strong analytical skills. Must be organized and have effective time management skills..
- Further, skills in the following areas would be helpful:
- Tax law – Statutes, regulations, court decisions and tax treaties must be interpreted and fully understood.
- Accounting – Because the tax laws are applied to financial transactions, this professional must know how transactions are recorded and reported on the books, and how and where tax accounting rules differ from book accounting rules. Also, it is necessary to analyze complex transactions to determine what tax laws apply.
- Language skills—Fluency in more than English will be valuable, as communication with Tax Authorities is often carried out in local country language.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions that provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has more than 100,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No