Senior Project Engineer
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Working at our Titchfield Site you will be working within our Valves engineering team
Senior Project Engineer – Valves
Your key deliverables:
You will act as the technical lead for component programmes and/or as the specialised technical authority within technical teams as directed by the Engineering or Project Manager.
You will be responsible for coordinating internal and external resources and providing technical leadership to a team of engineers such that projects are delivered to specification, on time and to budget.
Also, you will be responsible for ensuring that technical, regulatory and commercial requirements are properly understood by the technical project team and that the design implementation meets these requirements.
You will be the technical point of contact for the customer and to improve customer relations.
To lead the technical project team through the full development lifecycle of the programme, including but not limited to:
· Ensure ProLaunch Engineering activities are completed per the agreed review timeframes
· To generate technical review data-packs and present them at Engineering Reviews
· Lead technical presentations at internal and external design reviews
· Lead internal and external team meetings
· Ensure timely and consistent communication on progress, impacts and changes associated with the technical directions and status of the projects. Maintain project manager and engineering leadership understanding and support of programme objectives and approach.
· Responsible for reviewing and authorising technical documentation in accordance with company procedures
· To participate and support monthly project updates (Programme Status Report).
· To lead failure investigations associated with fuel system product
· To support and champion cost out initiatives throughout the business in line with ELSS philosophy.
· To keep up to date with latest aerospace technology especially that related to aircraft fuel system and general fuel component performance. To provide technical direction for future research and development, identifying emerging technologies.
· Develop members of the engineering team through mentoring and/or skill development and/or growth activities.
· To maintain a well organised project filing system and working environment in line with ELSS
· To develop strategic thinking on future technology development.
· Currently working in an engineering position where you are working with Valve products ?
• An engineering degree or equivalent (MEng, MSc)
• Proven engineering experience in a relevant professional engineering environment ideally gained in the aerospace or equivalent high technology industry.
• Proven ability to develop appropriate relationships at all levels within and outside the organisation.
• Experience generating and reviewing technical documentation.
• Familiarity liaising and managing customer expectations.
• Experience presenting at internal and external technical and commercial reviews.
• Knowledge of aerospace system technology.
• Experience generating activity based project schedules.
• Strong Problem solving skills
• Communication skills– both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports
• Organizational and planning skills
• Knowledge of the aerospace product development process
If yes then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers?
· Competitive compensation and benefits package (/you can list the benefits here/)
· Contract in fast growing global company
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time