Senior Quality Engineer
- You will drive reduction of Defective Parts per Million (DPPM) and improvement in First Pass Yield (FPY) of manufactured products by implementing process improvements.
- You will review Engineering drawings and changes to ensure the changes are compliant with customer requirements and are properly implemented into manufacturing work instructions.
- You will own and maintain the Statistical Process Control (SPC) program and drive improvement based on SPC data.
- You will perform analysis to determine process capability and trends of key characteristics, and preform review for any characteristics that fall below Cpk 1.33. In addition, train all operators and inspectors who use the SPC system.
- You will use a variety of problem solving tools respond to internal or external customer corrective action requests including full root cause analysis, determining and implementing permanent corrective actions and validating the results.
- You will collaborate with Design and Manufacturing Engineering to improve manufacturing processes to reduce Cost Of Non Conformance (CONC).
- You will facilitate and drive Product Part Approval Process (PPAP) for existing and new products.
- You will ensure all internal and external customer quality requirements are met by performing audits of the Certified Operator Program, Layered Process Audits (LPA) and internal audit program.
- You will lead and drive continuous improvement projects such as 5s or RIEs to ensure Eaton’s “High Five” metrics are achieved. (Safety, TRCR, Quality CONC, OTD, DOH, and Flex Productivity).
Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited institution.
Minimum five (5) years of experience in a Manufacturing, Quality and/or Industrial Engineering role.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Euclid, OH facility to be considered.
Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Aerospace Engineering or Engineering Technology
Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Aerospace Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited school.
5-10 years of experience in a Manufacturing, Quality of Industrial Engineering role.
2 years of experience with SPC.
Working Knowledge of drawings and specifications interpretation.
Working knowledge in functional measuring equipment usage.
Prior experience in a AS9100 quality system.
Six Sigma Green Belt training.
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes including precision machining, assembly, testing and inspection techniques.
- Applied knowledge of the latest ANSI Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) specifications per ASME Y14.5M.
- Knowledge of SPC concepts including X bar, R, and attribute charts; process capability per Cpk and Ppk; common/special cause identification; and long- and short-term process variability. MSA metrics including repeatability, reproducibility, and linearity. False acceptance/rejection estimating. Basic statistical methods including ANOVA, DOE, and distribution identification.
- Experience in AS9100 Quality System and product/process auditing techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of AS9102 First Article and AS9103 Key Characteristic requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of problem-solving techniques - Root Cause Analysis, 8D Corrective Action Process, and FMEA.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities, efficiently and drive results.
- Detail oriented and maintains detailed records.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Needs to effectively communicate the status of tasks, projects or hardware as the status or priorities change.
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation, sense of urgency, and energetic approach to job duties and requirements.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time