Supply Chain Analyst
Eaton's Satellite Operation (CDPA Division) is currently seeking a Supply Chain Analyst to join our team. This position is located at our Houston, TX facility and will work a first shift.
The Supply Chain Analyst performs supply chain functions related to active involvement in production planning/scheduling with the Production Manager. Ordering/expediting the material required to meet the production schedule and manage the inventory to meet the plant’s financial objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for daily inventory efforts, including adjustments, stock checks, Kanban changes and performing Kanban charge-outs for internal/external vendors. Lead inventory efforts (with support from Satellite Supply Chain Manager) for the location; this includes facilitating meetings, distribution of inventory day forms and materials, ensuring compliance with inventory procedures, etc. Ensure there is a trained backup to support this function/task in your absence.
- You will build and maintain a strong professional and productive relationship with all suppliers and carriers. Proactively work with them as needed to maintain service levels that meet our customer’s needs and are in line with our profit objectives.
- You will operate as the shipping/receiving team lead to ensure On-time performance of assembly production/shipment.
- You will coordinate with receiving team to ensure timely material handling practices are followed.
- You will manage Days on Hand (DOH) in a way that supports profit plan goals by analyzing inventory levels on a regular basis and taking action on lessons learned.
- You will examine open purchase orders daily through various systems and proactively resolve all related issues to ensure timely receipt of the materials required to meet the production schedule.
- You will be responsible for the coordination of payables as needed for the location (Markview processing to include requestor, coding and tax review).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Possess a minimum of 6 months’ supply chain professional experience or a completed degree in the business field
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being provided for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographic area of Houston, TX will be considered.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with a major in supply chain/operations or a similar field
- 1 year experience in a customer service or administrative role
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment (Shipping/Receiving, Inventory & Production)
- Functional/operational knowledge of Kanban systems
- Experience using ERP/MRP systems: AS400, MAPICS, Oracle, or Vista
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and typing ability
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time