Graduate Leadership Development Program: Modeling and simulations Engineer
Eaton is looking for an ETLP candidate for modeling and simulation activities related to development of innovative technologies and platforms in electrical and hybrid solutions for on- and off-road vehicles (eMobility group) at the Eaton European Innovation center in Prague (EEIC), Czech Republic.
This individual will be responsible for modeling and simulation in multidisciplinary engineering domains in order to support model based development, design testing and V&V, for mechanical, electrical and power platforms and systems.
In addition to eMobility group the individual will also be a team member of the Eaton Industrial Sector Software, Electronics, & Controls (SwEC) Center of Excellence (CoE) and working with global SwEC CoE team members in America, EMEA and APAC.
This individual will go through two years of learning program defined by Eaton, where the first year is designed to be performed in following area. The second year will be dependent candidate’s interest and availability of projects.
After successful completion of this two year assignment a candidate might be offered a permanent position within Eaton European Innovation Center.
A. Technical oversight responsibility for modeling, simulation and controls in multidisciplinary engineering domains (mechanical, electrical and controls) for traction drive, gear box and differential, battery pack and cooling system.
B. Own the project system level design and deliverables from conceptual design to production and supports including testing and V&V activities in MIL, HIL and test stand domains.
C. Applies MIL and HIL simulations with an emphasis on functional safety requirements (ISO26262) to the development of new platforms and applications.
D. Meet global product schedule, scope, cost and technical targets for solutions products in global teams.
E. Support the lead engineer in technical reviews of the product development process and ensure technical integrity of modeling and simulation artefacts.
F. Participates in end-product design reviews associated with each product development phase including system level reviews and FMEA’s.
G. Leads projects in alignment with customer requirements and division/product level processes, guidelines and tools.
H. Under guidance of lead engineer, works on government funded platforms and applications in eMobily projects, funded both in Czech Republic and in Europe.
• Master's degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical or Electronics).
Position Criteria (Hiring Criteria – Job Specific):
• Experiences in modeling and simulation tools like Matlab/Simulink, GT-SUITE, SPICE, PSIM and HIL tools like (dSpace, RT-LAB, RTDS, …).
• 0 to 2 years of experience in electromechanical systems development.
• 0 to 2 years of experience in mechanical systems designs and development.
• Ability to collaborate with geographically and culturally diverse teams.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
• Ability to learn new skills, knowledge, industry, or products.
• Experience in innovation, new technology, and product development.
• Experience in Project Management.
• Customer focused with good relationship building and communication skills.
• Broad understanding of electrical and hybrid vehicle products, and applications as well as understanding of traction drives, gear boxes, batteries and cooling systems.
• Experience with processes and tools for requirements management, change and configuration management.
• Consistently acts in an ethical, open, honest, trustworthy and truthful manner.
• Candidates should demonstrate strong initiative and drive for results.
• Demonstrated technology leadership, strategic thinking, and managerial courage.
• Globally astute - understands how to adapt communication style to fit different cultures.
• Self-motivated and goal oriented individual.
• Excellent English communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
• Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time