Job Title: Senior Engineer #058971
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Senior Engineer in EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center, within Test Lab based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center and requirement of this position is to perform testing and provide assistance to engineering personnel to setup, install and on-time completion of accurate product and /or system testing in accordance with specific test procedures as defined by the Corporate Research & Technology team and hydraulic product engineering functions together
Your essential responsibilities:
· Perform installation of mechanical setups: sound knowledge of Electric Driven Dyno Test Setups
· Perform test setups in completion of specific and standard test processes for Electric Dyno test stand and complete test requests within acceptable time.
· Provide technical leadership in multiple Electric Dyno test equipment in Test Lab
· Provide the recommendations to product team on design improvement based on the test results.
· Should able to trouble shoot and update the test stand for any new test requirement or standard
· Standardization of test procedures in test lab and adhere to ISO standards
· Implement EBE processes (DMAIC / Lean) successfully in Lab. Improve productivity by standardization and continuous improvement
· Create SOP’s and processes / procedures for Individual test stands and implement in Lab
· Provide technical leadership to the test lab technician team and perform quality checks to ensure testing meets Eaton / Customer / International standards
· The essential function of this position will be understanding customer requirements and help set up flow for technicians on test engineering activities for product validation
· Maintain effective communications both verbal & written with customer, team members and cross functional departments.
· Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within group and with other groups in facility to ensure a safe working environment
· Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab that is a showpiece for customer visits.
· Continually work to improve the presentation of the lab for this purpose
· Implement and monitor FRACAS for the test lab.
· Analyzing electro-mechanical assembly issues related to durability test stands is most preferred.
· Troubleshooting elementary product and test rig issues, and performing data analysis required by the product group
· Understanding of data acquisition systems, hardware and software that are being used for testing
· Lead problem solving on any minor issues with test rigs and lab and work with his peer engineer to improve or develop any new methods solving the issues
· Reading and Creating fixture drawings using Auto CAD / Pro Engineer
· Articulating and generating good technical reports based on test observations
· Train and monitor fellow technicians and drive completion of tests in prescribed time frame
· Work with engineers within group to define and perform custom testing as requested by customer
If you are:
- Graduate in Mechanical, Aerospace , Automotive engineering with 6 to 8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in running durability test equipment's with Electro-Mechanical drives
- Good working knowledge of Automotive components and systems
- Experience in assembly and tear down of Vehicle Powertrain components
- Experience in trouble shooting and problem solving for test stand
- Experience in development of Accelerated testing methods for Strength, Static and Fatigue testing
- Safety & Quality Management Practices
- Experience on fault identification and propose corrective actions
- Clear understanding about sensors, electronic components of DAQ & control software i.e. LabVIEW etc.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time