Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Shipping Helper to join our team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The Shipping Associate primary purpose is to maintain a continuous flow of material through a manufacturing cell or work area, as required, to meet production requirements. Promote continuous improvement to eliminate defects and improve the efficiency of the process.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will set up and perform a variety of operations including, product painting and packing, and service stores.
- You will unload and load merchandise from freight cars and trucks.
- You will unpack, shelves or otherwise stores merchandise in proper storage location; moving merchandise around warehouse by hand, truck or other method.
- You will load and unload merchandise for painting.
- You will perform finished goods inventory cycle counting.
- You will run the U.P.S. and FedEx manifesting station.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Eden Prairie, MN will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Minimum 1 year distribution experience similar to packaging/shipping/receiving
- Demonstrated ability to perform self-directed work with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrated basic computer data entry skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with other employees in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to read, understand and effectively apply information contained in all applicable documents.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and any shift as needed.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time