Product Engineering Leader
Eaton's Vehicle Group has an opening for:
Location: Tczew, Poland
· Provide leadership for product engineering team.
· Manage and develop a team of engineering professionals and provide technical direction to support key strategic initiatives.
· Work collaboratively across multiple business functions including program management, sales, marketing, technical service, and others, to ensure development of new products that align with key business growth initiatives.
· This position has responsibility and design control for MD/HD platform including design/development and delivery of new products, continuous product improvements and warranty reduction, manufacturing and global field support, competitive analysis, contributions to supply chain cost out initiatives, and field support of global product issues.
· Supervises and manages the department activities within product engineering team. Establishes priorities within the scope of the group’s responsibility and conducts regular reviews of group projects and activities to ensure delivery of profit plan objectives and business commitments.
· Builds organizational capability by conducting regular performance evaluations for direct reports Facilitates career discussions with subordinates and creates appropriate development plans.
· Champions changes to current procedures and develops new procedures to ensure continuous improvement of engineering processes and business systems.
· Leads initiatives to evaluate and provide competitive assessment and industry trends through business intelligence gathering activities. Remains knowledgeable and informed regarding state-of-the-art technology and transfers this into tangible contributions.
· Prepares comprehensive reports and presentations, and communicates this information to leadership, customers, partners, etc., in a clear and concise manner.
· Provides input to profit plan to define project and program deliverables and accurately assess timelines, and resources to accomplish these objectives. Tracks progress on a regular basis to enable monthly reporting of variance to plan.
· Reviews and approves as necessary all documentation required as support for engineering deliverables (8D, DFMEA, Performance Specifications, Tech Reports, PPIT gate review material, Design Review material, ProLaunch supporting material, Engineering Change Requests, etc.) to ensure quality and consistency.
· Works closely with Engineering Managers, Technical Leads and Program Managers to define engineering resource needs and creates/implements resource plans to meet program and project needs. Adjusts plans as priorities change to ensure coverage.
· Drives the training on and use of tools such as 8D, FTA, DFMEA, and DFSS/Six Sigma design techniques to ensure development of robust design specifications, guidelines, processes, and validation plans that produce robust designs.
Master's degree in Engineering.
8 years of related engineering experience.
3+ years engineering management and leadership experience with proven track record.
Willing to travel up to 10%.
10+ years of experience in, or strong knowledge of, heavy-duty truck or automotive drivetrain/powertrain systems.
5+ years engineering management and leadership experience with proven track record.
Through understanding and demonstrated use of DFSS tools
Understanding of global business markets and key customer drivers.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH PDMP CPT
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time